Links to DPGS Website

May 12, 2013

The Chatham Bakery is Mother's Day Bliss

The Chatham Bakery & Cafe, located just off the beaten path on Crowell Rd, was my requested Mother's Day
breakfast destination.
It took little persuasion
for such a special occasion.
While drooling for several minutes in front of their luscious cases, I took the reins and said, "We'll be needing a box today," which we proceeded to fill with a Sweet Cheese Danish, a Half Moon (childhood favorite), a Butter Croissant, a Chocolate Covered Custard Cream Donut, a Lemon Curd Filled Donut, a Raspberry Filled Donut, and something I have never tried before, but was recommended by the friendly clerk, a TIGER TAIL--more on that next.
I must also note that another reason I chose the Chatham Bakery for my Mother's Day breakfast outing is their featured coffee brand, my favorite, The Art of Roasting.  So, on to the TIGER TAIL:
Please excuse the fact that I was unable to photograph it in its entirety, but I really couldn't wait to try the Tiger Tail since it's so special that it is only made on Sundays.
  It. Was. Ethereal.
I have to admit, I wouldn't have chosen it on looks alone.  I like little glam and glitz, and a little frosting never turns me away, so to taste what just appeared as a 10 " long braided piece of dough was a sublime surprise, and not just because there is a hidden chocolate ribbon wrapping its way within the heavenly light yet moist donut.  I WILL be back next Sunday...maybe every Sunday.
As you can see the delicacies dwindled quickly, but we were able to save a few for later.  The Chatham Bakery's fresh made donuts are beyond compare.  We especially loved the lemon and raspberry filled donuts.
                                             
Nothing brightens a rainy day like a trip to the Chatham Bakery Cafe!  And their gardens and ocean wave privets, complete with shark fin (can you see it above my daughter's head?) are a spectacle no matter what the weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment