Links to DPGS Website

Feb 21, 2012

Skookie = Skillet + Cookie


I am a cookie monster.  But my passion is focused on one type in particular, the Chocolate Chip Cookie.  And, I am peculiarly particular.  I won't eat store bought, which means if I want one, I have to bake it myself.  It's got to be warm-- fresh out of the oven is preferred.  From scratch is best, but the other day I saw a mega box of Ghiradelli mix at the buy-it-by-the-pallet store, and I cracked.  Sometimes I need my cookies fast, so in the interest of saving time, I skipped the scoop and cookie tray trade, and opted to bake a "Skookie" instead.  What's a Skookie?  Let me show you...and get your skillet ready.


Using the Ghiradelli mix to make the batter took about 3 minutes.  Quick is what you need during a c.c. cookie emergency.



Every kitchen should have a cast iron skillet.  We use our Lodge Cast Iron Skillets every day, for every meal.  They are healthy to use, easy to maintain, can go from stove-top to oven, and will last several lifetimes...
Spread batter into an ungreased 10-12" Cast Iron Skillet.  We love Lodge, made in America since 1896.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 25 minutes



When it's golden with slightly browned edges, your Skookie is ready to remove from the oven.  Keep in mind, it will continue cooking after coming out of the oven.
Serve with some of your favorite ice cream (mine is Brigham's Vanilla) and drizzle with your favorite topping (mine is Trader Joe's Salted Caramel Sauce) and you have a super Skookie.
Enjoy!-Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment