Links to DPGS Website

Jun 30, 2010

Wine a Little, You'll Feel Better

Joe and I took a break from the store last night to enjoy an evening of fine wine and delectable cheese at The Chatham Cheese Company. The event was hosted by Marquis Consulting and the ladies of the Cheese Company who educated and treated us to unusual samplings of wine and cheese. The shop is located just outside the walking center of Chatham making it easy to drive right on past, but we recommend strongly that you take the time to stop the next time you're in Chatham. To begin, we were treated to an array of meats, cheeses, and spreads that stimulated our culinary senses and we sampled two Spanish wines, a Chardonnay and a Cabernet. While we noshed, I reflected how little time or energy we have to enjoy the finer things in life-- I never even considered stopping in this wonderful little shop. Receiving the invitation to this event forced us to see what we have been missing! Our hosts began a serious course on different ways to pair wine and cheese: by region, by complementary flavors, and so on...sorry I didn't take notes, and then, there was also the wine. I think I'll need a refresher course soon! We fell for several of the cheeses including a Lamb Chopper and an Irish Cheddar. The Pirate Spread from Narragansett Creamery caught my attention knowing my daughter would live its spicy bold flavor, so we wrapped some up along with some wonderful olives for Joe and the Spanish Cabernet Merlot Syrah for the next time we entertain, which hopefully will be very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment