|Essential Kitchen Tools|
The Nifty Fifteen is a collection of kitchen tools that we consider to be essential to cooking up the best food creations with the most ease. These are some of our favorite tools that we use every day in our own kitchen. These fifteen tools are nifty because they will stand the test of time and will work hard for you, day in and day out, like a good workhorse should.
- The Fantastic Food Fork: As its name suggests, this is kitchen fork will thrill you! Use it to mix up batters, whip up eggs, blending guacamole and so much more.
- Extra Long Wooden Spoon: Wooden spoons are a given in any kitchen, but an extra long wooden spoon is even better because it reaches into deep pots and keeps your hands further away from hot simmering foods.
- Herb Stripper: Our favorite new gadget is the Zip Strip herb stripper from Chef'n. It makes it so easy and saves your fingers from tough woody stems like rosemary.
- Oxo Pepper Grinder: We don't call this pepper mill the silver bullet for nothin'. Oxo's Pepper Grinder is our favorite for its ease of use and dependability.
- Professional Oven Mitt: This is oven mitt is for real. Made to withstand commercial kitchen conditions, this professional oven mitt is available in several lengths to suit your needs, whether you're at the grill or popping something out of the oven.
- Lodge Pans: We can't say enough about Lodge Manufacturing's Cast Iron and Seasoned Steel Pans. They. Are. Awesome. Once you use one, you'll never want for anything else. And for people with glass top stoves, the Seasoned Steel pans are a great choice.
- Microplane Zester: If you're a fan of food blogs like we are, you've noticed that every expert out there names the Microplane Zester as an essential tool for your kitchen, and we're no different. Use it for grating and zesting everything from nuts, to chocolate, to citrus, to cheese and anything you can think of in between.
- Spudnik Masher: Our customers made us believers in this potato masher. When people come in and tell you over and over again how much they love it, it has become legendary. If you want the lightest, fluffiest mashed potatoes, this is the essential masher.
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups: Every kitchen needs a good, hearty set of cups to measure ingredients when baking. Of course, chef's never measure, but baker's do.
- High Heat Spatula: As fans of Gordon Ramsay's scrambled eggs, this professional High Heat Spatula is ideally suited for sauteing or blending just anything in your kitchen.
- Victorinox Paring Knife: It's just awesome. And cheap. Bam.
- Box Grater: The quintessential Box Grater is a long lost tool that's making a comeback. There are quite a few re-inventions on the market with added bells and whistles, but this sturdy 'antique style' box grater is the one we prefer.
- Bamboo Strainer: How do I love thee? Let me count the ways: to scoop anything out of hot water or oil, this tool will give you a lifetime of love.
- Professional Tongs: There are a million fancy kitchen tongs on the market, but our go-to tongs are plain-old stainless steel restaurant tongs. They clean up easily and stand up to heavy use.
- Small Colander: We're always reaching for this 'baby' sized colander in our kitchen for berries, straining cans of tomatoes, and draining single servings of pasta. And it's so darn cute!
And that's it. Our Nifty Fifteen list has come to an end, but there's no end to the amount of love we have and share for cooking and baking, so come in to our store on Main Street in Dennis Port and see what all the fuss is about! And if you have a kitchen tool you think is list-worthy, let us know. As always, we'd love to hear about it.